How to Lookup Someone’s Dating Profile and Why You Should Do It
Online dating has become the new normal for people who want to be in a relationship.
While the old school way of meeting someone in public and courtship is alive and well, the online version is a lot faster. Apps like Tinder and websites like Match.com give users the convenience of algorithms to find that perfect someone. Think of it as speed dating in the digital world.
Why Lookup a Person’s Dating Profile?
There are a couple of reasons why searching for an online dating profile is essential.
The first one is to catch if your significant other is dating behind your back. More often than not, the other half of a relationship uses dating sites to meet up with people. If you suspect something, finding your partner’s active dating profile can prove it.
Another reason is that the online world can be brutal and unforgiving. Anything posted online is there forever, at the mercy of people who are willing to keep it alive by way of sharing. The internet is home to trolls, cyberbullies, scammers, hackers, and sexual predators. There’s a real risk that an unsuspecting person meets up with a complete psycho.
Searching for a person’s dating profile online isn’t creepy. It’s survival.
General Search Tips
If you’re ready for a little investigative work, here are a few general tips on how to search for dating profiles.
Tip 1: Use Their Gadgets
If you can gain access to your partner’s phone or computer without their knowledge, you can check if there are any dating apps present. You can also check browser history if there were any dating sites visited. You can also type in the name of the dating site on a browser and see if it will autofill the user name and password.
Tip 2: Log-in or Create a New Account
If you don’t have access to your partner’s devices, you can still check if he/she has a dating profile. Follow these steps:
- Go to a dating service website and try to log in using your partner’s email address or username you know he/she always uses.
- Type in any random password.
- If the site prompts a “wrong username or password,” your partner has an account.
- If the site prompts that “the account doesn’t exist,” your partner is in the clear.
- You can also do this by creating a new account. If the site says “username/email taken,” it’s positive your partner has an account.
- You can also try to click on “forgot password” and repeat the first step.
Tip 3: Search Engines
If you want to learn more about a person you met online, the fastest way to get more information is via a background check. If you don’t want to take that route yet, search engines are your friend.
- Type the full name of the person and other available details and see what comes up.
- Online scammers are easy to spot because of generic profiles dotted with broken English.
- Some use stock photos, but a growing number are using actual users, especially members of the armed forces.
- Fake profiles won’t have many friends or connections and pictures posted by other people.
Tip 4: Create a Dummy Account
Another way to search for dating profiles is by creating a dummy account. Use your fake profile to search for the dating profile of someone new. Fake accounts are also high for social media username search. Go to the search box, type in a username, and wait for the site to spew out possible hits. You can refine your search further by using filters.
If you need to search for a particular username on forums, social media, and dating sites, follow these steps.
OkCupid username search:
If you’re using a computer, type this URL in your browser:
If the person you’re looking for has an active account, it’ll show. You can also search usernames on OkCupid’s website:
- Log in to your account and click on your profile thumbnail.
- A dropdown menu will appear. Click “Find a User.”
- Enter the username on the white box that says “search by username” when it pops up.
- If the profile is active, it will appear as a search result, and you can click on the page.
If you’re using your phone, log in to the OkCupid app, navigate out of it, and type this URL on your mobile browser:
This method will bring up the username box, where you can do your search.
Instagram username search:
- Type in the username or first name in the search field.
- Select a result from the dropdown list of users.
Using the App:
- Type the username or first name in the search field on the Explorer tab.
- The app will show suggestions as you type.
Kik username search:
- On the Kik app, tap the + icon and select “Find People.”
- Choose “Find by Username” and type the username of the person you want to find.
Match username search:
On your browser, enter this URL:
If there’s a match, the page will redirect to the person’s dating profile. Please note that some users have hidden profiles.
Snapchat username search:
- At the top of the screen, type the search field (the one with the magnifying glass icon).
- Enter a username.
- The app will display all results beneath the search field. You can tap + Add if you want to add the person as a friend.
Reddit username search:
- Use Reddit’s search box to find users.
- Using Google, type site:www.reddit.com followed by the username.
POF username search:
- Click on the POF username search box and enter the user’s full name.
- Run the search.
With all these advantages, people who use online dating services must practice caution and vigilance. The internet is full of crazy people and cybercriminals. Getting scammed online by someone posing as someone else is a sad yet common occurrence. Being on the receiving end of an assault is even worse, which is why you need to review every single dating profile you come across.