Delaware State Prison Inmate Search

Start your FREE search
The following is for informational purposes only

Delaware State Prisons and Facilities

The State of Delaware has two types of correctional facilities. First, there are four state prisons in Delaware. Then the State has thirteen community corrections facilities as well.

The four state prisons are:

  • Baylor Women’s Correctional Institution.
  • Howard R. Young Correctional Institution.
  • James T. Vaughn Correctional Center.
  • Sussex Correctional Institution.

The community corrections facilities are:

  • Central Violation of Probation.
  • Hazel D. Plant Women’s Treatment Facility.
  • Morris Community Corrections Center.
  • Plummer Community Corrections Center.
  • Dover Probation & Parole.
  • New Castle Probation & Parole & Day Reporting Center.
  • Northern New Castle County Adult Probation & Parole.
  • Georgetown Administrative Services.
  • Georgetown Probation & Parole.
  • Seaford Probation & Parole.
  • Sussex Community Corrections Center.
  • Sussex Sussex Violation of Probation.
  • Sussex Work Release Center.

There are roughly 6,400 people in prison in Delaware at any given time. Of that total, 86% of them are male, and the other 14% are female. There are almost equally as many whites as blacks, along with only 3% Latino or Hispanic inmates. Most of them fall between the 20–40 age range. Delaware also has another 14,000 inmates on parole or probation that utilize the community corrections programs and facilities.

The State of Delaware Department of Correction is the government agency in charge of all correctional facilities and Delaware state prison inmate records. If someone wanted to do a Delaware state prison inmate search, they would contact them directly or check their website and use the inmate locator feature. The State of Delaware uses a unified justice system which is why there are no jails, only state prisons which hold both long-term and pretrial detainee inmates. According to their website: “The Department is the second-largest Executive branch agency in the State and the largest law enforcement agency in the State with over 2,500 employees. The Department is comprised of the Office of the Commissioner, Bureau of Administrative Services, Bureau of Correctional Healthcare Services, Bureau of Prisons and Bureau of Community Corrections.”

They also work within five levels of supervision which are:

  • Level V - 24-hour incarceration (jail/prison).
  • Level IV - Work Release Centers, Home Confinement (electronic monitoring), Residential Drug Treatment, Violation of Probation Centers.
  • Level III - Intensive Probation Supervision.
  • Level II - Standard Probation.
  • Level I - Administrative Supervision.

Delaware State Prison Inmates

Exactly half of all Delaware inmates (50%) are in prison due to public disorderly offenses such as weapons charges, DUIs, and violation of probation or parole. Almost 15% are in prison due to drug-related charges. The next highest number is in for violent offenses like robbery, kidnapping, murder, and sexual assault.

Delaware Inmate Search