Skip to content
Notice is not a consumer reporting agency as defined by the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), and does not assemble or evaluate information for the purpose of supplying consumer reports.

You understand that by clicking "I Agree" you consent to our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy and agree not to use information provided by for any purpose under the FCRA, including to make determinations regarding an individual's eligibility for personal credit, insurance, employment, or for tenant screening.

You understand that license plate and VIN searches are only available for a purpose authorized by the Driver's Privacy Protection Act of 1994 (DPPA). The information obtained from our searches is not to be used for any unlawful purposes.

This website contains information collected from public and private resources. cannot confirm that information provided below is accurate or complete. Please use information provided by responsibly.

You understand that by clicking "I Agree," will conduct only a preliminary people search of the information you provide and that a search of any records will only be conducted and made available after you register for an account or purchase a report.

Search Oklahoma Public Driving Records

Start Your Free Search

Oklahoma Public Driving Records

The Oklahoma Department of Public Safety (Oklahoma DPS) is the government agency in charge of motor vehicle records. They act like an Oklahoma DMV (Department of Motor Vehicles) in other states. They offer reports to both individuals and companies as long as they comply with Driver Privacy Protection Act (DPPA) laws.

The state allows users to request records through the mail by downloading an application and returning it with payment. They also have an online portal making it easy for people to get records. Another way someone can obtain driver records is by visiting a tag agency. The information contained in the report is limited to 3-years prior.

Some of the personal information that may be on the report is the driver's full name, address, date of birth, social security number, driver's license number. If they hold a CDL, medical information may be on there as well. Along with the personal details, all accidents, traffic violations, moving violations, license status, revocations, points, and suspensions will also show.

How to Request a Copy of Your Oklahoma Driving History

The state offers three different ways that someone can obtain a copy of a driver's record. The first is through the mail. They have a downloadable application on their website, and the user can fill it out and return it with payment to the Department of Public Safety.

They also set up an online application where requestors can fill in the driver's license details, pay for a copy and view it instantly.

Another way someone can get a copy is to visit a tag agency in person and request records. They should download the application and fill it out to bring with them to make things quick and easy.

Auto insurance companies use these records to set insurance rates and when deciding to insure motorists or not. Employers may use them for background checks.

Motor Vehicle Records Cost

If the requestor purchases the records in person or through the mail, the cost for a regular report is $25 and $28 for a certified copy. When ordering by mail, the requestor can pay with a cashier's check or money order, personal or business check. When purchasing in person, they can pay with cash.

If the person requesting the records orders them online, the fees remain the same, except the user will also pay an additional $2.50 processing fee. When paying online, the user can pay with a credit card or debit card.

Driving Laws in the State

According to the State of Oklahoma Highway Safety Office, some important driving laws to know are:

"In Oklahoma, it's illegal to drive or operate a motor vehicle with a blood alcohol concentration of 0.08 or higher (DUI), or if the influence of alcohol renders the driver incapable of safely driving.

Impaired driving also includes other substances, including any amount of a Schedule-1 controlled substance or the use of any other intoxicating substance to the point where the driver is incapable of operating a vehicle safely."

Driving While Impaired (DWI)
A person is driving while impaired when there is evidence that there was, at the time of the test, an alcohol concentration in excess of five-hundredths (0.05) but less than eight-hundredths (0.08). However, no person shall be convicted of driving while impaired in the absence of additional evidence that the person's ability to operate such vehicle was affected by alcohol to the extent that the public health and safety was threatened or that the person had violated a state statute or local ordinance in the operation of the motor vehicle.

Driving Under the Influence (DUI)
A person is driving under the influence when they drive, operate, or are in actual physical control of a motor vehicle within this state, whether upon public roads, highways, streets, turnpikes, other public places or upon any private road, street, alley or lane which provides access to one or more single or multi-family dwellings, who:

  • Has a blood or breath alcohol concentration, as defined in 47 O.S. § 756, of eight-hundredths (0.08) or more at the time of a test of such person's blood or breath administered within two (2) hours after the arrest of such person;
  • Is under the influence of alcohol;
  • Has any amount of a Schedule I chemical or controlled substance, as defined in 63 O.S. §2-204, or one of its metabolites or analogs in the person's blood, saliva, urine, or any other bodily fluid at the time of a test of such person's blood, saliva, urine or any other bodily fluid administered within two (2) hours after the arrest of such person;
  • Is under the influence of any intoxicating substance other than alcohol which may render such person incapable of safely driving or operating a motor vehicle; or
  • Is under the combined influence of alcohol and any other intoxicating substance which may render such person incapable of safely driving or operating a motor vehicle

The fact that any person is or has been lawfully entitled to use alcohol or a controlled dangerous substance or any other intoxicating substance shall not constitute a defense against any charge of driving under the influence.

Driving Under the Influence (DUI) Under 21
A person under the age of 21 is driving under the influence when they drive, operate, or are in actual physical control of a motor vehicle within this state who:

  • Has any measurable quantity of alcohol in the person's blood or breath at the time of a test administered within two (2) hours after an arrest of the person;
  • Exhibits evidence of being under the influence of any other intoxicating substance as shown by analysis of a specimen of the person's blood, breath, saliva, or urine in accordance with the provisions of 47 O.S. § 752 and 47 O.S. § 759; or
  • Exhibits evidence of the combined influence of alcohol and any other intoxicating substance

Aggravated Driving Under the Influence
Any person who is convicted of a violation of driving under the influence with a blood or breath alcohol concentration of fifteen-hundredths (0.15) or more is guilty of aggravated driving under the influence.

Child Endangerment
A person who is the parent, guardian, or person having custody or control over a child as defined in 10A O.S. § 1-1-105, commits child endangerment when the person:

  • Knowingly permits a child to be present in a vehicle when the person knows or should have known that the operator of the vehicle is impaired by or is under the influence of alcohol or another intoxicating substance; or
  • Is the driver, operator, or person in physical control of a vehicle in violation of 47 O.S. § 11-902 while transporting or having in the vehicle such child or children

However, it is an affirmative defense to this paragraph if the person had a reasonable apprehension that any action to deny permission for the child to be in the vehicle with an intoxicated person would result in substantial bodily harm to the person or the child."

Different Types of Driving Reports in the State

The state offers only one type of report. It is a three-year record that the requestor can get in either unofficial or certified copy.

Three-Year Motor Vehicle Record (MVR)

The three-year motor vehicle record may be obtained in unofficial version or certified (by paying an extra $3). The report will contain personal details such as the driver's name, address, social security number, driver's license number, and physical description. Other information will include civil and criminal driving offenses, current license status, revocations, suspensions, and license points.

Criminal Driving Offenses

Criminal driving offenses in the state are very serious. Typically, the offender will have to spend some time in jail or prison, lose their license for a number of months, and have to pay a huge fine. Some examples of these types of offenses include:

  • Reckless driving - For the first offense, the offender will spend 5-90 days in jail and pay a fine of $100-$500. A second offense will result in 10 days - six months in jail and a fine of $150-$1,000. Any additional offenses will result in an assessment fee of $155 plus 4 license points
  • Child endangerment
  • Underaged drinking and driving
  • Vehicular manslaughter
  • Hit and run
  • Evading an officer
  • Driving with a suspended license

Insurance providers may refuse to insure someone if they are convicted of these crimes.

Civil Driving Offenses

Civil driving offenses are much less severe and usually result in the driver having to pay a small fine. Some examples of civil driving offenses include:

  • Running a red light
  • Failure to yield or stop at a stop sign
  • Parking illegally
  • Illegal U-turn
  • Going the wrong way down a one-way street
  • Driving without a license plate
  • Expired registration

State Department of Motor Vehicles Driving Records Statistics

The Oklahoma Highway Safety Office keeps track of all crash data to help create programs aimed at making driving in the state safer. Some interesting statistics from this agency are:

"Alcohol-related crashes injure nearly 2,500 and kill approximately 220 Oklahomans each year."

  • The state averages 201 crashes per day
  • For 2019, Oklahoma saw 640 fatal car crashes
  • For that same year, the state recognized 33,038 crashes with injuries
  • 50,161 crashes resulted in property damage only (no fatalities or injures)
  • Speeding caused 8,901 crashes
  • 225 accidents involved school buses
  • 569 pedestrians were injured in crashes
  • 5,638 crashes involved large trucks (commercial vehicles)
  • In all crashes, 84.7% of drivers were using seatbelts
  • Almost half of all crashes due to distracted driving took place on city streets
  • August has the highest number of accidents
  • Friday is the most dangerous day to drive on the streets of Oklahoma
  • 4:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m. has the highest number of crashes
  • Oklahoma City and Tulsa have far more accidents than any other town in the state
  • The age group with the highest number of crashes is between 20-24 years old
  • Male drivers get into more accidents than female drivers

Driver License Record Search Frequently Asked Questions

Below are some frequently asked questions about state driving records.

Who Can Get a Copy of Your Oklahoma Driving Record?

The state requires absolute compliance with DPPA laws. Therefore, someone must prove they have a valid, legal reason to request and review the records before getting a copy of your driving record.

Can I Use the Online Systems to Get BMV Records?

According to the Oklahoma Department of Public Safety, "In order to obtain your Oklahoma MVR (Motor Vehicle Report) online, you must have your Oklahoma Driver's License in your possession. You will be required to enter the Camera ID number, which can only be found on your actual Oklahoma Driver's License (this information cannot be given via phone). Online MVRs can be obtained by clicking here."

What Information Do I Need to Get a Motor Vehicle Report (MVR)?

When requesting records for yourself, you will need your name, date of birth, and Driver's License number. When ordering for another person, you may require additional details such as license plate number, social security number, and a consent form.

Can I Get a 10-Year Record?

No. The state limits all information on a motor vehicle record to the past three years.

Does the State Use a Points System?

Yes. When you reach 10 or more points over a 5-year period, your driver's license will be suspended. License suspensions may be 1, 3, 6, or 12 months long.

How Do I Get My License Reinstated?

After waiting the entire suspension period, you must pay the fee and apply to have your license privileges reinstated. You may also have to meet with a Driver Compliance Hearing Officer for help.

Although taking a Motor Vehicle Accident Prevention Course (defensive driving course) may help you reduce your insurance rates, it will not remove points from your license.

Helpful State Driving Record Links

Below are some helpful state driving record links.

Disclaimer: The materials presented here are for informational purposes only. The information is taken from state and local resources, and is current as of the most recent site update. Changes made by state and local departments and agencies after our latest update may render some information and fees outdated, and may cause links to break and forms to be unavailable. Infotracer strongly encourages you to visit the relevant state and local resources to ensure you have the most recent information.