The following is for informational purposes only

Yamhill County, OR Arrest Records

What are Yamhill County Arrest Statistics?

Yamhill amassed 1,669 arrests over the past three years. During 2017, Yamhill’s arrest rate was 504.59 per 100,000 residents. The county of Yamhill is 31.72% lower than the national average of 739.02 per 100,000 residents. During that same year, 53 arrests were for violent crimes like murder, rape, and robbery. The county of Yamhill also experienced 477 arrests for property crimes. When compared to Benton and Deschutes, Yamhill is a more dangerous place to reside.

View Oregon criminal and arrest records for other counties.

  • 1,669 Arrests in the county for the last 3 years
  • 504.59 Arrest rate in 2017 per 100.000 population
  • 53 Violent crime arrests

Yamhill County Police Records

Police records exist in different types of Sheriff’s Offices and in many forms. In most generally, Yamhill county police reports may be obtained from the local county Sheriff’s Office. You can visit in person and request documents as county police records are available to the masses per the state laws and the Freedom of Information Act. The documents may include Yamhill county police reports, Yamhill county bookings and even images. These documents are related to when a person is arrested, booked, and incarcerated. First, they are questioned, and basic data is taken while someone fills out the report. Then the arresting officer takes pictures of the person, and they are put in a jail cell until they can make pay the fees. Some regions may charge a fee for a copy of police records. You may have to appear in person and may need to have the following facts for them to find your file:

  • Date and time of the occurrence
  • The location of the incident
  • Name(s) of those involved
  • Officer’s name and rank
  • Case number

This will help the administrator find the records you need.

Yamhill county police records can reveal a lot of information about a person. A good type of police record might be a traffic incident report. Some reports are available to the public after a waiting period, such as 60-days.

Sometimes you can get copies of Yamhill county police records by mail. Contact your local county Sheriff’s Office to inquire about requests and the payment.

Yamhill County Mugshots

Yamhill County mugshots have been taken since the 1800s, shortly after the development of photography. Then in 1888, a French policeman Alphonse Bertillon standardized the process and made it the norm. many of these pictures are kept in a “mug book” to help witnesses and victims identify people.

Yamhill county mugshots are the pictures taken of people upon arrest. Local police, Sheriff’s Offices, and other law enforcement agencies take them. usually , the subject is photographed from the front (full-face view) and then the side (profile view). These Yamhill county mugshots are stored with the person’s criminal record and police reports. They are used by victims, witnesses, and investigators to identify bad guys.

typically , when a judge issues an Yamhill county arrest warrant for other crimes , and the criminal does not show up in court, these mugshots are used to help locate the suspect.

Mugshots are readily show up online as they are public records. Information informational portals offer mugshots with other types of documents such as criminal records, arrest records and other court cases.

Felonies, Misdemeanors, and Sex Offenders

Police and arrest records will also include information on felonies, misdemeanors, and sex offenders. Since everything is readily available and connected, any past arrests will show up as well.

Yamhill County Recent Arrest Trends

In Yamhill, the most common crime is larceny/theft which accounts for 306 of the arrests in a year. The second most common crime in Yamhill, is burglary, and the third most common is motor vehicle theft.

  • 306 Larceny/Theft
  • 129 Burglary
  • 42 Motor Vehicle Theft

Violent Crime Arrests vs. Non-Violent

In Yamhill, the most violent crimes committed are murder, manslaughter, rape, robbery and aggravated assault. The county of Yamhill has a higher rate of non-violent crime. During 2017, Yamhill experienced 53 violent crimes and 477 non-violent crimes. When comparing Yamhill to the national average of 739.02, Yamhill is lower by 31.72% than the national average.

Yamhill County Crime Rate from 2004-2017

Yamhill County Arrest and Criminal Records by Age

Most crimes committed in Yamhill are perpetrated by people between the ages of 21-30. Conversely, those committing the fewest crimes are between the ages of 81-90.

Yamhill County Crime Rate by Age Groups

Crime Demographics by Gender and Race

Felony Crime Rate by Gender

The majority 69.7% of felonies committed in Yamhill, are committed by males. The rest of them 30.3% are committed by females.

Oregon Arrest Records Search