The following is for informational purposes only

Josephine County, OR Arrest Records

What are Josephine County Arrest Statistics?

The county of Josephine had 1,702 arrests during the past three years. For 2016, the arrest rate was 473.79 per 100,000 residents. This is 35.9% lower than the national average of 739.12 per 100,000 people. Of the total arrests, 35 were for violent crimes such as murder, rape, and robbery. Josephine also processed 372 arrests for property crimes during the same year. Compared to Benton and Columbia, Josephine is a more dangerous place to live.

View Oregon criminal and arrest records for other counties.

  • 1,702 Arrests in the county for the last 3 years
  • 473.79 Arrest rate in 2016 per 100.000 population
  • 35 Violent crime arrests

Josephine County Recent Arrest Trends

The most popular crime committed in Josephine is motor vehicle theft totaling 127, followed by burglary, and then larceny/theft.

  • 127 Motor Vehicle Theft
  • 127 Burglary
  • 118 Larceny/theft

Violent Crime Arrests vs. Non-Violent

Violent crimes include murder, manslaughter, rape, robbery and aggravated assault. Josephine County has a higher rate of non-violent crime. For 2016, Josephine tallied 35 violent crimes and 372 non-violent crimes. When compared to the national average of 739.12, Josephine is lower by 35.9% than the national average.

Josephine County Crime Rate from 2004-2016

Josephine County Arrest and Criminal Records by Age

The majority of arrests made in Josephine are between the ages of 21-30. The age group committing the fewest number of crimes is between the ages of 71-80.

Josephine County Crime Rate by Age Groups

Crime Demographics by Gender and Race

Felony Crime Rate by Gender

Most of the felonies committed in Josephine, 76.1%, are perpetrated by males. The remainder of 23.9% is committed by females.

Misdemeanor Crime Rate by Race

Misdemeanors crime rates by race for Josephine are as follows: 90.6% of the crimes were committed by White, 5.8% by African Americans, and the remaining crimes 3.7% were committed by Asians.

Oregon Arrest Records Search