The following is for informational purposes only

Lake County, OH Arrest Records

What are Lake County Arrest Statistics?

The county of Lake had 1,648 arrests during the past three years. For 2016, the arrest rate was 254.14 per 100,000 residents. This is 65.62% lower than the national average of 739.12 per 100,000 people. Of the total arrests, 240 were for violent crimes such as murder, rape, and robbery. Lake also processed 341 arrests for property crimes during the same year. Compared to Geauga and Greene, Lake is a more dangerous place to live.

View Ohio criminal and arrest records for other counties.

  • 1,648 Arrests in the county for the last 3 years
  • 254.14 Arrest rate in 2016 per 100.000 population
  • 240 Violent crime arrests

Lake County Recent Arrest Trends

The most popular crime committed in Lake is larceny/theft totaling 244, followed by aggravated assault, and then burglary.

  • 244 Larceny/Theft
  • 215 Aggravated Assault
  • 93 Burglary

Violent Crime Arrests vs. Non-Violent

Violent crimes include murder, manslaughter, rape, robbery and aggravated assault. Lake County has a higher rate of non-violent crime. For 2016, Lake tallied 240 violent crimes and 341 non-violent crimes. When compared to the national average of 739.12, Lake is lower by 65.62% than the national average.

Lake County Crime Rate from 2004-2016

Lake County Arrest and Criminal Records by Age

The majority of arrests made in Lake are between the ages of 21-30. The age group committing the fewest number of crimes is between the ages of 81-90.

Lake County Crime Rate by Age Groups

Crime Demographics by Gender and Race

Felony Crime Rate by Gender

Most of the felonies committed in Lake, 81%, are perpetrated by males. The remainder of 19% is committed by females.

Misdemeanor Crime Rate by Race

Misdemeanors crime rates by race for Lake are as follows: 49% of the crimes were committed by White, 37.9% by African Americans, 12.1% by Hispanic people, and the remaining crimes 1% were committed by Asians.

Ohio Arrest Records Search