Skip to content

Pitt County Arrest Records

The following is for informational purposes only

Pitt County, NC Arrest Records

What Are Pitt County Arrests Statistics?

Pitt amassed 3,409 arrests over the past three years. During 2017, Pitt’s arrest rate was 600.95 per 100,000 residents. The county of Pitt is 18.68% lower than the national average of 739.02 per 100,000 residents. During that same year, 0 arrests were for violent crimes like murder, rape, and robbery. The county of Pitt also experienced 1,065 arrests for property crimes. When compared to Cabarrus and Durham, Pitt is a more dangerous place to reside.

  • 3,409Arrests in the county for the last 3 years
  • 600.95Arrest rate in 2017 per 100.000 population
  • 0Violent crime arrests

Pitt County Arrests Trends

In Pitt, the most common crime is larceny/theft which accounts for 655 of the arrests in a year. The second most common crime in Pitt, is burglary, and the third most common is aggravated assault.

  • 655Larceny/Theft
  • 347Burglary
  • 138Aggravated Assault

Pitt County Arrests: Violent vs. Non-Violent Crimes

In Pitt, the most violent crimes committed are murder, manslaughter, rape, robbery and aggravated assault. The county of Pitt has a higher rate of non-violent crime. During 2017, Pitt experienced 0 violent crimes and 1,065 non-violent crimes. When comparing Pitt to the national average of 739.02, Pitt is lower by 18.68% than the national average.

Pitt County Arrest Records by type from 2004-2017

Pitt County Arrest and Criminal Records by Age

Most crimes committed in Pitt are perpetrated by people between the ages of 21-30. Conversely, those committing the fewest crimes are between the ages of 71-80.

Pitt County Crime Rate by Age Groups

Pitt County Police Reports

Police records exist in different types of Sheriff’s Offices and in many forms. In most generally, Pitt county police reports may be obtained from the local county Sheriff’s Office. You can visit in person and request documents as county police records are available to the masses per the state laws and the Freedom of Information Act. The documents may include Pitt county police reports, Pitt county bookings and even images. These documents are related to when a person is arrested, booked, and incarcerated. First, they are questioned, and basic data is taken while someone fills out the report. Then the arresting officer takes pictures of the person, and they are put in a jail cell until they can make pay the fees. Some regions may charge a fee for a copy of police records. You may have to appear in person and may need to have the following facts for them to find your file:

  • Date and time of the occurrence
  • The location of the incident
  • Name(s) of those involved
  • Officer’s name and rank
  • Case number

This will help the administrator find the records you need.

Pitt county police records can reveal a lot of information about a person. A good type of police record might be a traffic incident report. Some reports are available to the public after a waiting period, such as 60-days.

Sometimes you can get copies of Pitt county police records by mail. Contact your local county Sheriff’s Office to inquire about requests and the payment.

Pitt County Mugshots

Pitt County mugshots have been taken since the 1800s, shortly after the development of photography. Then in 1888, a French policeman Alphonse Bertillon standardized the process and made it the norm. Many of these pictures are kept in a “mug book” to help witnesses and victims identify people.

Pitt county mugshots are the pictures taken of people upon arrest. Local police, Sheriff’s Offices, and other law enforcement agencies take them. Usually , the subject is photographed from the front (full-face view) and then the side (profile view). These Pitt county mugshots are stored with the person’s criminal record and police reports. They are used by victims, witnesses, and investigators to identify bad guys.

Typically , when a judge issues an Pitt county arrest warrant for other crimes , and the criminal does not show up in court, these mugshots are used to help locate the suspect.

Mugshots are readily show up online as they are public records. Information informational portals offer mugshots with other types of documents such as criminal records, arrest records and other court cases.

Felonies, Misdemeanors, and Sex Offenders

Police and arrest records will also include information on felonies, misdemeanors, and sex offenders. Since everything is readily available and connected, any past arrests will show up as well.

Crime Demographics by Gender and Race

Felony Crime Rate by Gender

The majority 89.3% of felonies committed in Pitt, are committed by males. The rest of them 10.7% are committed by females.

Misdemeanor Crime Rate by Race

The Pitt misdemeanors crime rates are committed by the following races: 56% of the crimes were committed by African Americans, and the rest 44% were committed by White.

Pitt County Police Departments

Ayden Police Department4144 N West Ave252-481-5844
Bethel Police Department201 W Railroad St252-818-0891
Farmville Police Department3672 N Main St252-753-4111
Greenville Police Department500 S Greene St252-329-4315
Winterville Police Department2593 Railroad St252-756-1105

Pitt County, NC Jail Inmates

PITT County has 418 jails with an average daily population of 420 inmates with a total of 474 jail population. When breaking down the PITT County jail population by gender, females are a minority compared to male prisoners and make 11% with 52 female and 466 male inmates.

  • 418Jails
  • 474Prisoners
  • 340 %Jail Rate

How Does Pitt County Inmate Search Work?

Pitt County inmate records are public files that anyone can acquire easily. The Freedom of Information Act governs the rules regarding Pitt county inmate records which provide a lot of useful insights about a person.

Pitt County Jail Bookings

Pitt county bookings are also helpful when looking for stats on whether or not a stranger has been arrested. When a perpetrator is arrested, the officer fills out paperwork and then holds them in a incarceration cell , which essentially becomes their Pitt county booking record. It may also include things like fingerprints, photos , physical details, their name, and address, officer in charge , the details of the crime, the location, and any trucks that were involved. The general public has the ability to get a copy of someone’s Pitt county booking records without any type of approval .

Pitt County Detention Center & Sheriff's Office

Pitt County Jails & Prisons

Pitt Regional Juvenile Detention Center451 Belvoir Road252-830-6590
North Carolina Arrest Records Search
Start Your Free Search