The following is for informational purposes only

New York County, NY Arrest Records

What are New York County Arrest Statistics?

The county of New York had 525,598 arrests during the past three years. For 2017, the arrest rate was 1,987.48 per 100,000 residents. This is 168.93% higher than the national average of 739.02 per 100,000 people. Of the total arrests, 46,433 were for violent crimes such as murder, rape, and robbery. New York also processed 124,815 arrests for property crimes during the same year. Compared to Albany and Broome, New York is a more dangerous place to live.

View New York criminal and arrest records for other counties.

  • 525,598 Arrests in the county for the last 3 years
  • 1,987.48 Arrest rate in 2017 per 100.000 population
  • 46,433 Violent crime arrests

New York County Recent Arrest Trends

The most popular crime committed in New York is larceny/theft totaling 107,976, followed by aggravated assault, and then robbery.

  • 107,976 Larceny/Theft
  • 29,771 Aggravated Assault
  • 13,995 Robbery

Violent Crime Arrests vs. Non-Violent

Violent crimes include murder, manslaughter, rape, robbery and aggravated assault. New York County has a higher rate of non-violent crime. For 2017, New York tallied 46,433 violent crimes and 124,815 non-violent crimes. When compared to the national average of 739.02, New York is higher by 168.93% than the national average.

New York County Crime Rate from 1999-2017

Crime Demographics by Gender and Race

Felony Crime Rate by Gender

Most of the felonies committed in New York, 85.1%, are perpetrated by males. The remainder of 14.9% is committed by females.

Misdemeanor Crime Rate by Race

Misdemeanors crime rates by race for New York are as follows: 33.3% of the crimes were committed by African Americans, 33.3% by White, and the remaining crimes 33.3% were committed by Asians.

New York Arrest Records Search