Skip to content

Lander County Arrest Records

The following is for informational purposes only

Lander County, NV Arrest Records

What are Lander County Arrest Statistics?

The county of Lander had 437 arrests during the past three years. For 2017, the arrest rate was 2,595.58 per 100,000 residents. This is 251.22% higher than the national average of 739.02 per 100,000 people. Of the total arrests, 49 were for violent crimes such as murder, rape, and robbery. Lander also processed 99 arrests for property crimes during the same year. Compared to Washoe and Churchill, Lander is a more dangerous place to live.

View Nevada criminal and arrest records for other counties.

  • 437Arrests in the county for the last 3 years
  • 2,595.58Arrest rate in 2017 per 100.000 population
  • 49Violent crime arrests

Lander County Recent Arrest Trends

The most popular crime committed in Lander is burglary totaling 54, followed by aggravated assault, and then larceny/theft.

  • 54Burglary
  • 44Aggravated Assault
  • 33Larceny/theft

Violent Crime Arrests vs. Non-Violent

Violent crimes include murder, manslaughter, rape, robbery and aggravated assault. Lander County has a higher rate of non-violent crime. For 2017, Lander tallied 49 violent crimes and 99 non-violent crimes. When compared to the national average of 739.02, Lander is higher by 251.22% than the national average.

Lander County Crime Rate from 2001-2017

Lander County Arrest and Criminal Records by Age

The majority of arrests made in Lander are between the ages of 21-30. The age group committing the fewest number of crimes is between the ages of 71-80.

Lander County Crime Rate by Age Groups

Lander County Police Records

Police records exist in different types of police departments and in many forms. In most typically, Lander county police reports may be located from the local county Sheriff’s Office. You can show up in person and request files as county police records are available to anyone per the state laws and the Freedom of Information Act. The files may include Lander county police reports, Lander county bookings and even pictures. These files are related to when a suspect is arrested, booked, and imprisoned. First, they are questioned, and basic details is taken while policemen fills out the report. Then the police takes images of the criminal, and they are put in a jail cell until they can make bond the fees. Some areas may charge a fee for a copy of police records. You may have to go there in person and may need to have the following details for them to find your file:

  • Date and time of the occurrence
  • The location of the incident
  • Name(s) of those involved
  • Officer’s name and rank
  • Case number

This will help the attendant find the paperwork you need.

Lander county police records can show a lot of information about a criminal. A good illustration of police record might be a traffic crash report. Some files are available to the public after a waiting period, such as 60-days.

Sometimes you can obtain copies of Lander county police records by mail. Contact your local county Sheriff’s Office to inquire about paperwork and the cost.

Lander County Mugshots

Lander County mugshots have been performed since the 1800s, shortly after the creation of photography. Then in 1888, a French law enforcement officer Alphonse Bertillon standardized the process and made it the norm. Collections of these images are kept in a “mug book” to help witnesses and victims identify suspects.

Lander county mugshots are the images taken of criminals upon arrest. Local police, Sheriff’s Offices, and other law enforcement agencies take them. Generally , the subject is photographed from the front (full-face view) and then the side (profile view). These Lander county mugshots are kept with the person’s criminal record and police reports. They are used by victims, witnesses, and investigators to identify suspects guys.

Also , when a judge issues an Lander county arrest warrant for other reasons , and the suspect does not show up in court, these mugshots are used to help identity the suspect.

Mugshots are readily easily found online as they are public records. Information companies portals offer mugshots with other types of files such as criminal records, arrest records and other court cases.

Felonies, Misdemeanors, and Sex Offenders

Police and arrest records will also have on felonies, misdemeanors, and sex offenders. Since everything is online available and connected, any past crimes will show up as well.

Crime Demographics by Gender and Race

Felony Crime Rate by Gender

Most of the felonies committed in Lander, 72.4%, are perpetrated by males. The remainder of 27.6% is committed by females.

Misdemeanor Crime Rate by Race

Misdemeanors crime rates by race for Lander are as follows: 75.8% of the crimes were committed by White, and the remaining crimes 24.2% were committed by Indian people.

Lander County, NV Jail and Inmate Records

LANDER County has 10 jails with an average daily population of 601 inmates with a total of 10 jail population. When breaking down the LANDER County jail population by gender, females are a minority compared to male prisoners and make 10% with 1 female and 7 male inmates.

  • 10Jails
  • 10Prisoners
  • 255 %Jail Rate

How Does Lander County Inmate Search Work?

Lander County inmate records are public documents that anyone can get a copy of easily. The Freedom of Information Act governs the access to regarding Lander county inmate records which provide a lot of useful details about a person.

Lander County Booking

Lander county bookings are also helpful when looking for details on whether or not a person has been arrested. When a criminal is arrested, the officer fills out documents and then holds them in a prison , which essentially becomes their Lander county booking record. It may also include things like fingerprints, images , physical details, their name, and address, police officer who arrested them , the details of the crime, the location, and any cars that were involved. The general public has the power to read a copy of someone’s Lander county booking records without any type of allowance .

Lander County Jail

  • Agency Name: Lander County NV Jail
  • State: NV
  • City: Battle Mountain
  • Type: County
  • Address: 2 State Route 305
  • Phone Number: 775-635-5161
  • Fax: 775-635-2577
  • Email:
  • Website:
Nevada Arrest Records Search
Start Your Free Search