The following is for informational purposes only

Lafayette County, LA Arrest Records

What are Lafayette County Arrest Statistics?

The county of Lafayette had 5,745 arrests during the past three years. For 2017, the arrest rate was 722.87 per 100,000 residents. This is 2.18% lower than the national average of 739.02 per 100,000 people. Of the total arrests, 304 were for violent crimes such as murder, rape, and robbery. Lafayette also processed 1,441 arrests for property crimes during the same year. Compared to Bossier and Caddo, Lafayette is a more dangerous place to live.

View Louisiana criminal and arrest records for other counties.

  • 5,745 Arrests in the county for the last 3 years
  • 722.87 Arrest rate in 2017 per 100.000 population
  • 304 Violent crime arrests

Lafayette County Recent Arrest Trends

The most popular crime committed in Lafayette is larceny/theft totaling 967, followed by burglary, and then aggravated assault.

  • 967 Larceny/Theft
  • 345 Burglary
  • 241 Aggravated Assault

Violent Crime Arrests vs. Non-Violent

Violent crimes include murder, manslaughter, rape, robbery and aggravated assault. Lafayette County has a higher rate of non-violent crime. For 2017, Lafayette tallied 304 violent crimes and 1,441 non-violent crimes. When compared to the national average of 739.02, Lafayette is lower by 2.18% than the national average.

Lafayette County Crime Rate from 2004-2017

Crime Demographics by Gender and Race

Felony Crime Rate by Gender

Most of the felonies committed in Lafayette, 77.5%, are perpetrated by males. The remainder of 22.5% is committed by females.

Misdemeanor Crime Rate by Race

Misdemeanors crime rates by race for Lafayette are as follows: 50% of the crimes were committed by African Americans, and the remaining crimes 50% were committed by White.

Louisiana Arrest Records Search