The following is for informational purposes only

Grant County, IN Arrest Records

What are Grant County Arrest Statistics?

The county of Grant had 924 arrests during the past three years. For 2017, the arrest rate was 374.98 per 100,000 residents. This is 49.26% lower than the national average of 739.02 per 100,000 people. Of the total arrests, 28 were for violent crimes such as murder, rape, and robbery. Grant also processed 223 arrests for property crimes during the same year. Compared to Allen and Lake, Grant is a more dangerous place to live.

View Indiana criminal and arrest records for other counties.

  • 924 Arrests in the county for the last 3 years
  • 374.98 Arrest rate in 2017 per 100.000 population
  • 28 Violent crime arrests

Grant County Recent Arrest Trends

The most popular crime committed in Grant is larceny/theft totaling 153, followed by burglary, and then aggravated assault.

  • 153 Larceny/Theft
  • 63 Burglary
  • 25 Aggravated Assault

Violent Crime Arrests vs. Non-Violent

Violent crimes include murder, manslaughter, rape, robbery and aggravated assault. Grant County has a higher rate of non-violent crime. For 2017, Grant tallied 28 violent crimes and 223 non-violent crimes. When compared to the national average of 739.02, Grant is lower by 49.26% than the national average.

Grant County Crime Rate from 2004-2017

Grant County Arrest and Criminal Records by Age

The majority of arrests made in Grant are between the ages of 21-30. The age group committing the fewest number of crimes is between the ages of 71-80.

Grant County Crime Rate by Age Groups

Crime Demographics by Gender and Race

Felony Crime Rate by Gender

Most of the felonies committed in Grant, 74.8%, are perpetrated by males. The remainder of 25.2% is committed by females.

Misdemeanor Crime Rate by Race

Misdemeanors crime rates by race for Grant are as follows: 65.4% of the crimes were committed by White, 27.5% by African Americans, and the remaining crimes 7.1% were committed by Hispanic people.

Indiana Arrest Records Search