Upson amassed 974 arrests over the past three years. During 2017, Upson’s arrest rate was 1,051.83 per 100,000 residents. The county of Upson is 42.33% higher than the national average of 739.02 per 100,000 residents. During that same year, 23 arrests were for violent crimes like murder, rape, and robbery. The county of Upson also experienced 254 arrests for property crimes. When compared to Bryan and Cherokee, Upson is a more dangerous place to reside.
In Upson, the most common crime is larceny/theft which accounts for 190 of the arrests in a year. The second most common crime in Upson, is burglary, and the third most common is motor vehicle theft.
In Upson, the most violent crimes committed are murder, manslaughter, rape, robbery and aggravated assault. The county of Upson has a higher rate of non-violent crime. During 2017, Upson experienced 23 violent crimes and 254 non-violent crimes. When comparing Upson to the national average of 739.02, Upson is higher by 42.33% than the national average.
Police records exist in different types of Sheriff’s Offices and in many forms. In most generally, Upson county police reports may be obtained from the local county Sheriff’s Office. You can visit in person and request documents as county police records are available to the masses per the state laws and the Freedom of Information Act. The documents may include Upson county police reports, Upson county bookings and even images. These documents are related to when a person is arrested, booked, and incarcerated. First, they are questioned, and basic data is taken while someone fills out the report. Then the arresting officer takes pictures of the person, and they are put in a jail cell until they can make pay the fees. Some regions may charge a fee for a copy of police records. You may have to appear in person and may need to have the following facts for them to find your file:
This will help the administrator find the records you need.
Upson county police records can reveal a lot of information about a person. A good type of police record might be a traffic incident report. Some reports are available to the public after a waiting period, such as 60-days.
Sometimes you can get copies of Upson county police records by mail. Contact your local county Sheriff’s Office to inquire about requests and the payment.
Upson County mugshots have been taken since the 1800s, shortly after the development of photography. Then in 1888, a French policeman Alphonse Bertillon standardized the process and made it the norm. Many of these pictures are kept in a “mug book” to help witnesses and victims identify people.
Upson county mugshots are the pictures taken of people upon arrest. Local police, Sheriff’s Offices, and other law enforcement agencies take them. Usually , the subject is photographed from the front (full-face view) and then the side (profile view). These Upson county mugshots are stored with the person’s criminal record and police reports. They are used by victims, witnesses, and investigators to identify bad guys.
Typically , when a judge issues an Upson county arrest warrant for other crimes , and the criminal does not show up in court, these mugshots are used to help locate the suspect.
Mugshots are readily show up online as they are public records. Information informational portals offer mugshots with other types of documents such as criminal records, arrest records and other court cases.
Police and arrest records will also include information on felonies, misdemeanors, and sex offenders. Since everything is readily available and connected, any past arrests will show up as well.
The majority 80.3% of felonies committed in Upson, are committed by males. The rest of them 19.7% are committed by females.
|Thomaston Police Department||106 E. Lee Street||(706) 647- 5455|
UPSON County has 126 jails with an average daily population of 208 inmates with a total of 126 jail population. When breaking down the UPSON County jail population by gender, females are a minority compared to male prisoners and make 19% with 24 female and 107 male inmates.
Upson County inmate records are public files that anyone can acquire easily. The Freedom of Information Act governs the rules regarding Upson county inmate records which provide a lot of useful insights about a person.
Upson county bookings are also helpful when looking for stats on whether or not a stranger has been arrested. When a perpetrator is arrested, the officer fills out paperwork and then holds them in a incarceration cell , which essentially becomes their Upson county booking record. It may also include things like fingerprints, photos , physical details, their name, and address, officer in charge , the details of the crime, the location, and any trucks that were involved. The general public has the ability to get a copy of someone’s Upson county booking records without any type of approval .