Skip to content

Johnson County Arrest Records

The following is for informational purposes only

Johnson County, GA Arrest Records

What are Johnson County Arrest Statistics?

The county of Johnson had 313 arrests during the past three years. For 2015, the arrest rate was 927.57 per 100,000 residents. This is 25.72% higher than the national average of 737.78 per 100,000 people. Of the total arrests, 14 were for violent crimes such as murder, rape, and robbery. Johnson also processed 75 arrests for property crimes during the same year. Compared to Chattahoochee and Cherokee, Johnson is a more dangerous place to live.

View Georgia criminal and arrest records for other counties.

  • 313Arrests in the county for the last 3 years
  • 927.57Arrest rate in 2015 per 100.000 population
  • 14Violent crime arrests

Johnson County Recent Arrest Trends

The most popular crime committed in Johnson is larceny/theft totaling 48, followed by burglary, and then aggravated assault.

  • 48Larceny/Theft
  • 23Burglary
  • 14Aggravated Assault

Violent Crime Arrests vs. Non-Violent

Violent crimes include murder, manslaughter, rape, robbery and aggravated assault. Johnson County has a higher rate of non-violent crime. For 2015, Johnson tallied 14 violent crimes and 75 non-violent crimes. When compared to the national average of 737.78, Johnson is higher by 25.72% than the national average.

Johnson County Crime Rate from 2002-2015

Johnson County Police Records

Police records exist in different types of police departments and in many forms. In most typically, Johnson county police reports may be located from the local county Sheriff’s Office. You can show up in person and request files as county police records are available to anyone per the state laws and the Freedom of Information Act. The files may include Johnson county police reports, Johnson county bookings and even pictures. These files are related to when a suspect is arrested, booked, and imprisoned. First, they are questioned, and basic details is taken while policemen fills out the report. Then the police takes images of the criminal, and they are put in a jail cell until they can make bond the fees. Some areas may charge a fee for a copy of police records. You may have to go there in person and may need to have the following details for them to find your file:

  • Date and time of the occurrence
  • The location of the incident
  • Name(s) of those involved
  • Officer’s name and rank
  • Case number

This will help the attendant find the paperwork you need.

Johnson county police records can show a lot of information about a criminal. A good illustration of police record might be a traffic crash report. Some files are available to the public after a waiting period, such as 60-days.

Sometimes you can obtain copies of Johnson county police records by mail. Contact your local county Sheriff’s Office to inquire about paperwork and the cost.

Johnson County Mugshots

Johnson County mugshots have been performed since the 1800s, shortly after the creation of photography. Then in 1888, a French law enforcement officer Alphonse Bertillon standardized the process and made it the norm. Collections of these images are kept in a “mug book” to help witnesses and victims identify suspects.

Johnson county mugshots are the images taken of criminals upon arrest. Local police, Sheriff’s Offices, and other law enforcement agencies take them. Generally , the subject is photographed from the front (full-face view) and then the side (profile view). These Johnson county mugshots are kept with the person’s criminal record and police reports. They are used by victims, witnesses, and investigators to identify suspects guys.

Also , when a judge issues an Johnson county arrest warrant for other reasons , and the suspect does not show up in court, these mugshots are used to help identity the suspect.

Mugshots are readily easily found online as they are public records. Information companies portals offer mugshots with other types of files such as criminal records, arrest records and other court cases.

Felonies, Misdemeanors, and Sex Offenders

Police and arrest records will also have on felonies, misdemeanors, and sex offenders. Since everything is online available and connected, any past crimes will show up as well.

Crime Demographics by Gender and Race

Felony Crime Rate by Gender

Most of the felonies committed in Johnson, 81.7%, are perpetrated by males. The remainder of 18.3% is committed by females.

Misdemeanor Crime Rate by Race

Misdemeanors crime rates by race for Johnson are as follows: 66.7% of the crimes were committed by White, and the remaining crimes 33.3% were committed by African Americans.

Johnson County, GA Jail and Inmate Records

JOHNSON County has 32 jails with an average daily population of 303 inmates with a total of 32 jail population. When breaking down the JOHNSON County jail population by gender, females are a minority compared to male prisoners and make 16% with 5 female and 27 male inmates.

  • 32Jails
  • 32Prisoners
  • 477 %Jail Rate

How Does Johnson County Inmate Search Work?

Johnson County inmate records are public documents that anyone can get a copy of easily. The Freedom of Information Act governs the access to regarding Johnson county inmate records which provide a lot of useful details about a person.

Johnson County Booking

Johnson county bookings are also helpful when looking for details on whether or not a person has been arrested. When a criminal is arrested, the officer fills out documents and then holds them in a prison , which essentially becomes their Johnson county booking record. It may also include things like fingerprints, images , physical details, their name, and address, police officer who arrested them , the details of the crime, the location, and any cars that were involved. The general public has the power to read a copy of someone’s Johnson county booking records without any type of allowance .

Johnson County Jail

  • Agency Name: Johnson County Jail
  • State: GA
  • City: WRIGHTSVILLE
  • Type: County
  • Address: 290 DONOVAN- HARRISON ROAD
  • Phone Number: 478-864-3941
  • Fax: 478-864-2944
  • Email: sonya.johnson@worldnet.att.net
  • Website: http://johnsonso.com/

Prisons and Jails in Johnson County

NameAddressPhone
Johnson State Prison290 DONOVAN- HARRISON ROAD478-864-4100
Georgia Arrest Records Search