The following is for informational purposes only

Pinellas County, FL Arrest Records

What are Pinellas County Arrest Statistics?

Pinellas amassed 19,051 arrests over the past three years. During 2017, Pinellas’s arrest rate was 581.54 per 100,000 residents. The county of Pinellas is 21.31% lower than the national average of 739.02 per 100,000 residents. During that same year, 647 arrests were for violent crimes like murder, rape, and robbery. The county of Pinellas also experienced 4,940 arrests for property crimes. When compared to Broward and Gilchrist, Pinellas is a more dangerous place to reside.

View Florida criminal and arrest records for other counties.

  • 19,051 Arrests in the county for the last 3 years
  • 581.54 Arrest rate in 2017 per 100.000 population
  • 647 Violent crime arrests

Pinellas County Recent Arrest Trends

In Pinellas, the most common crime is larceny/theft which accounts for 3,877 of the arrests in a year. The second most common crime in Pinellas, is burglary, and the third most common is aggravated assault.

  • 3,877 Larceny/Theft
  • 766 Burglary
  • 437 Aggravated Assault

Violent Crime Arrests vs. Non-Violent

In Pinellas, the most violent crimes committed are murder, manslaughter, rape, robbery and aggravated assault. The county of Pinellas has a higher rate of non-violent crime. During 2017, Pinellas experienced 647 violent crimes and 4,940 non-violent crimes. When comparing Pinellas to the national average of 739.02, Pinellas is lower by 21.31% than the national average.

Pinellas County Crime Rate from 2004-2017

Pinellas County Arrest and Criminal Records by Age

Most crimes committed in Pinellas are perpetrated by people between the ages of 21-30. Conversely, those committing the fewest crimes are between the ages of 81-90.

Pinellas County Crime Rate by Age Groups

Crime Demographics by Gender and Race

Felony Crime Rate by Gender

The majority 79.7% of felonies committed in Pinellas, are committed by males. The rest of them 20.3% are committed by females.

Misdemeanor Crime Rate by Race

The Pinellas misdemeanors crime rates are committed by the following races: 65.5% of the crimes were committed by White, 20.9% by African Americans, 11.7% by Hispanic people, and the rest 1.8% were committed by Asians.

Florida Arrest Records Search