Skip to content

Martin County Arrest Records

The following is for informational purposes only

Martin County, FL Arrest Records

What Are Martin County Arrests Statistics?

The county of Martin had 7,051 arrests during the past three years. For 2017, the arrest rate was 1,645.23 per 100,000 residents. This is 122.62% higher than the national average of 739.02 per 100,000 people. Of the total arrests, 323 were for violent crimes such as murder, rape, and robbery. Martin also processed 2,288 arrests for property crimes during the same year. Compared to Alachua and Baker, Martin is a more dangerous place to live.

View Florida criminal and arrest records for other counties.

  • 7,051Arrests in the county for the last 3 years
  • 1,645.23Arrest rate in 2017 per 100.000 population
  • 323Violent crime arrests

Martin County Recent Arrests

The most popular crime committed in Martin is larceny/theft totaling 1,724, followed by burglary, and then aggravated assault.

  • 1,724Larceny/Theft
  • 480Burglary
  • 216Aggravated Assault

Martin County Arrests: Violent vs. Non-Violent Crimes

Violent crimes include murder, manslaughter, rape, robbery and aggravated assault. Martin County has a higher rate of non-violent crime. For 2017, Martin tallied 323 violent crimes and 2,288 non-violent crimes. When compared to the national average of 739.02, Martin is higher by 122.62% than the national average.

Martin County Arrest Records by type from 2004-2017

Martin County Arrest and Criminal Records by Age

The majority of arrests made in Martin are between the ages of 21-30. The age group committing the fewest number of crimes is between the ages of 81-90.

Martin County Crime Rate by Age Groups

Martin County Police Reports

Police records exist in different types of police departments and in many forms. In most typically, Martin county police reports may be located from the local county Sheriff’s Office. You can show up in person and request files as county police records are available to anyone per the state laws and the Freedom of Information Act. The files may include Martin county police reports, Martin county bookings and even pictures. These files are related to when a suspect is arrested, booked, and imprisoned. First, they are questioned, and basic details is taken while policemen fills out the report. Then the police takes images of the criminal, and they are put in a jail cell until they can make bond the fees. Some areas may charge a fee for a copy of police records. You may have to go there in person and may need to have the following details for them to find your file:

  • Date and time of the occurrence
  • The location of the incident
  • Name(s) of those involved
  • Officer’s name and rank
  • Case number

This will help the attendant find the paperwork you need.

Martin county police records can show a lot of information about a criminal. A good illustration of police record might be a traffic crash report. Some files are available to the public after a waiting period, such as 60-days.

Sometimes you can obtain copies of Martin county police records by mail. Contact your local county Sheriff’s Office to inquire about paperwork and the cost.

Martin County Mugshots

Martin County mugshots have been performed since the 1800s, shortly after the creation of photography. Then in 1888, a French law enforcement officer Alphonse Bertillon standardized the process and made it the norm. Collections of these images are kept in a “mug book” to help witnesses and victims identify suspects.

Martin county mugshots are the images taken of criminals upon arrest. Local police, Sheriff’s Offices, and other law enforcement agencies take them. Generally , the subject is photographed from the front (full-face view) and then the side (profile view). These Martin county mugshots are kept with the person’s criminal record and police reports. They are used by victims, witnesses, and investigators to identify suspects guys.

Also , when a judge issues an Martin county arrest warrant for other reasons , and the suspect does not show up in court, these mugshots are used to help identity the suspect.

Mugshots are readily easily found online as they are public records. Information companies portals offer mugshots with other types of files such as criminal records, arrest records and other court cases.

Felonies, Misdemeanors, and Sex Offenders

Police and arrest records will also have on felonies, misdemeanors, and sex offenders. Since everything is online available and connected, any past crimes will show up as well.

Crime Demographics by Gender and Race

Felony Crime Rate by Gender

Most of the felonies committed in Martin, 83.3%, are perpetrated by males. The remainder of 16.7% is committed by females.

Misdemeanor Crime Rate by Race

Misdemeanors crime rates by race for Martin are as follows: 61.9% of the crimes were committed by White, and the remaining crimes 38.1% were committed by African Americans.

Martin County Sheriff’s Office

It is situated in Martin county, Florida with a total number of 282 employees - 28 female, 127 male officers and 127 civilians. Martin County SO ORI (Originated Agency Identifier) number is FL0430000, it belongs to the South Atlantic division in the South region with a region code of Region III.

  • Agency Name: Martin County Sheriff's Office
  • State: Florida
  • City: Stuart
  • Type: County
  • Address: 800 SE Monterey Road
  • Phone Number: (772) 220-7000
  • Fax: (772) 220-7179
  • Email:
  • Website:

Police Departments in Martin County

Stuart Police Department830 SE Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard(772) 287-1122

Martin County Jail Inmate Search

MARTIN County has 515 jails with an average daily population of 298 inmates with a total of 526 jail population. When breaking down the MARTIN County jail population by gender, females are a minority compared to male prisoners and make 15% with 79 female and 442 male inmates.

  • 515Jails
  • 526Prisoners
  • 583 %Jail Rate

How Does Martin County Inmate Search Work?

Martin County inmate records are public documents that anyone can get a copy of easily. The Freedom of Information Act governs the access to regarding Martin county inmate records which provide a lot of useful details about a person.

Martin County Jail Bookings

Martin county bookings are also helpful when looking for details on whether or not a person has been arrested. When a criminal is arrested, the officer fills out documents and then holds them in a prison , which essentially becomes their Martin county booking record. It may also include things like fingerprints, images , physical details, their name, and address, police officer who arrested them , the details of the crime, the location, and any cars that were involved. The general public has the power to read a copy of someone’s Martin county booking records without any type of allowance .

Martin County Jail Roster

Martin County Jail & Prison Information

Martin Correctional Institution1150 S.W. Allapattah Road772-597-8100
Florida Arrest Records Search
Start Your Free Search