The following is for informational purposes only

Marion County, FL Arrest Records

What are Marion County Arrest Statistics?

The county of Marion had 15,243 arrests during the past three years. For 2017, the arrest rate was 1,546.62 per 100,000 residents. This is 109.28% higher than the national average of 739.02 per 100,000 people. Of the total arrests, 881 were for violent crimes such as murder, rape, and robbery. Marion also processed 4,517 arrests for property crimes during the same year. Compared to Alachua and Baker, Marion is a more dangerous place to live.

View Florida criminal and arrest records for other counties.

  • 15,243 Arrests in the county for the last 3 years
  • 1,546.62 Arrest rate in 2017 per 100.000 population
  • 881 Violent crime arrests

Marion County Recent Arrest Trends

The most popular crime committed in Marion is larceny/theft totaling 2,643, followed by burglary, and then aggravated assault.

  • 2,643 Larceny/Theft
  • 1,348 Burglary
  • 658 Aggravated Assault

Violent Crime Arrests vs. Non-Violent

Violent crimes include murder, manslaughter, rape, robbery and aggravated assault. Marion County has a higher rate of non-violent crime. For 2017, Marion tallied 881 violent crimes and 4,517 non-violent crimes. When compared to the national average of 739.02, Marion is higher by 109.28% than the national average.

Marion County Crime Rate from 2004-2017

Marion County Arrest and Criminal Records by Age

The majority of arrests made in Marion are between the ages of 21-30. The age group committing the fewest number of crimes is between the ages of 81-90.

Marion County Crime Rate by Age Groups

Crime Demographics by Gender and Race

Felony Crime Rate by Gender

Most of the felonies committed in Marion, 77.9%, are perpetrated by males. The remainder of 22.1% is committed by females.

Misdemeanor Crime Rate by Race

Misdemeanors crime rates by race for Marion are as follows: 76.2% of the crimes were committed by White, 23.3% by African Americans, and the remaining crimes 0.5% were committed by Asians.

Florida Arrest Records Search