The following is for informational purposes only

Lee County, FL Arrest Records

What are Lee County Arrest Statistics?

The county of Lee had 23,404 arrests during the past three years. For 2017, the arrest rate was 1,010.75 per 100,000 residents. This is 36.77% higher than the national average of 739.02 per 100,000 people. Of the total arrests, 1,299 were for violent crimes such as murder, rape, and robbery. Lee also processed 6,002 arrests for property crimes during the same year. Compared to Alachua and Brevard, Lee is a more dangerous place to live.

View Florida criminal and arrest records for other counties.

  • 23,404 Arrests in the county for the last 3 years
  • 1,010.75 Arrest rate in 2017 per 100.000 population
  • 1,299 Violent crime arrests

Lee County Police Records

Police records exist in different types of police departments and in many forms. In most typically, Lee county police reports may be located from the local county Sheriff’s Office. You can show up in person and request files as county police records are available to anyone per the state laws and the Freedom of Information Act. The files may include Lee county police reports, Lee county bookings and even pictures. These files are related to when a suspect is arrested, booked, and imprisoned. First, they are questioned, and basic details is taken while policemen fills out the report. Then the police takes images of the criminal, and they are put in a jail cell until they can make bond the fees. Some areas may charge a fee for a copy of police records. You may have to go there in person and may need to have the following details for them to find your file:

  • Date and time of the occurrence
  • The location of the incident
  • Name(s) of those involved
  • Officer’s name and rank
  • Case number

This will help the attendant find the paperwork you need.

Lee county police records can show a lot of information about a criminal. A good illustration of police record might be a traffic crash report. Some files are available to the public after a waiting period, such as 60-days.

Sometimes you can obtain copies of Lee county police records by mail. Contact your local county Sheriff’s Office to inquire about paperwork and the cost.

Lee County Mugshots

Lee County mugshots have been performed since the 1800s, shortly after the creation of photography. Then in 1888, a French law enforcement officer Alphonse Bertillon standardized the process and made it the norm. collections of these images are kept in a “mug book” to help witnesses and victims identify suspects.

Lee county mugshots are the images taken of criminals upon arrest. Local police, Sheriff’s Offices, and other law enforcement agencies take them. generally , the subject is photographed from the front (full-face view) and then the side (profile view). These Lee county mugshots are kept with the person’s criminal record and police reports. They are used by victims, witnesses, and investigators to identify suspects guys.

also , when a judge issues an Lee county arrest warrant for other reasons , and the suspect does not show up in court, these mugshots are used to help identity the suspect.

Mugshots are readily easily found online as they are public records. Information companies portals offer mugshots with other types of files such as criminal records, arrest records and other court cases.

Felonies, Misdemeanors, and Sex Offenders

Police and arrest records will also have on felonies, misdemeanors, and sex offenders. Since everything is online available and connected, any past crimes will show up as well.

Lee County Recent Arrest Trends

The most popular crime committed in Lee is larceny/theft totaling 4,108, followed by burglary, and then aggravated assault.

  • 4,108 Larceny/Theft
  • 1,339 Burglary
  • 780 Aggravated Assault

Violent Crime Arrests vs. Non-Violent

Violent crimes include murder, manslaughter, rape, robbery and aggravated assault. Lee County has a higher rate of non-violent crime. For 2017, Lee tallied 1,299 violent crimes and 6,002 non-violent crimes. When compared to the national average of 739.02, Lee is higher by 36.77% than the national average.

Lee County Crime Rate from 2004-2017

Lee County Arrest and Criminal Records by Age

The majority of arrests made in Lee are between the ages of 21-30. The age group committing the fewest number of crimes is between the ages of 81-90.

Lee County Crime Rate by Age Groups

Crime Demographics by Gender and Race

Felony Crime Rate by Gender

Most of the felonies committed in Lee, 77.7%, are perpetrated by males. The remainder of 22.3% is committed by females.

Misdemeanor Crime Rate by Race

Misdemeanors crime rates by race for Lee are as follows: 75.6% of the crimes were committed by White, 23.2% by African Americans, 0.9% by Asians, and the remaining crimes 0.3% were committed by Hispanic people.

Florida Arrest Records Search