The following is for informational purposes only

Highlands County, FL Arrest Records

What are Highlands County Arrest Statistics?

The county of Highlands had 6,679 arrests during the past three years. For 2017, the arrest rate was 2,269.19 per 100,000 residents. This is 207.05% higher than the national average of 739.02 per 100,000 people. Of the total arrests, 250 were for violent crimes such as murder, rape, and robbery. Highlands also processed 2,040 arrests for property crimes during the same year. Compared to Alachua and Baker, Highlands is a more dangerous place to live.

View Florida criminal and arrest records for other counties.

  • 6,679 Arrests in the county for the last 3 years
  • 2,269.19 Arrest rate in 2017 per 100.000 population
  • 250 Violent crime arrests

Highlands County Recent Arrest Trends

The most popular crime committed in Highlands is larceny/theft totaling 1,397, followed by burglary, and then aggravated assault.

  • 1,397 Larceny/Theft
  • 550 Burglary
  • 185 Aggravated Assault

Violent Crime Arrests vs. Non-Violent

Violent crimes include murder, manslaughter, rape, robbery and aggravated assault. Highlands County has a higher rate of non-violent crime. For 2017, Highlands tallied 250 violent crimes and 2,040 non-violent crimes. When compared to the national average of 739.02, Highlands is higher by 207.05% than the national average.

Highlands County Crime Rate from 2004-2017

Highlands County Arrest and Criminal Records by Age

The majority of arrests made in Highlands are between the ages of 21-30. The age group committing the fewest number of crimes is between the ages of 81-90.

Highlands County Crime Rate by Age Groups

Crime Demographics by Gender and Race

Felony Crime Rate by Gender

Most of the felonies committed in Highlands, 71.9%, are perpetrated by males. The remainder of 28.1% is committed by females.

Misdemeanor Crime Rate by Race

Misdemeanors crime rates by race for Highlands are as follows: 54.8% of the crimes were committed by White, 42.9% by African Americans, 1.7% by Asians, and the remaining crimes 0.6% were committed by Hispanic people.

Florida Arrest Records Search