The following is for informational purposes only

Marin County, CA Arrest Records

What are Marin County Arrest Statistics?

The county of Marin had 2,510 arrests during the past three years. For 2017, the arrest rate was 332.63 per 100,000 residents. This is 54.99% lower than the national average of 739.02 per 100,000 people. Of the total arrests, 91 were for violent crimes such as murder, rape, and robbery. Marin also processed 776 arrests for property crimes during the same year. Compared to Alameda and Napa, Marin is a more dangerous place to live.

View California criminal and arrest records for other counties.

  • 2,510 Arrests in the county for the last 3 years
  • 332.63 Arrest rate in 2017 per 100.000 population
  • 91 Violent crime arrests

Marin County Police Records

Police records exist in different types of police departments and in many forms. In most typically, Marin county police reports may be located from the local county Sheriff’s Office. You can show up in person and request files as county police records are available to anyone per the state laws and the Freedom of Information Act. The files may include Marin county police reports, Marin county bookings and even pictures. These files are related to when a suspect is arrested, booked, and imprisoned. First, they are questioned, and basic details is taken while policemen fills out the report. Then the police takes images of the criminal, and they are put in a jail cell until they can make bond the fees. Some areas may charge a fee for a copy of police records. You may have to go there in person and may need to have the following details for them to find your file:

  • Date and time of the occurrence
  • The location of the incident
  • Name(s) of those involved
  • Officer’s name and rank
  • Case number

This will help the attendant find the paperwork you need.

Marin county police records can show a lot of information about a criminal. A good illustration of police record might be a traffic crash report. Some files are available to the public after a waiting period, such as 60-days.

Sometimes you can obtain copies of Marin county police records by mail. Contact your local county Sheriff’s Office to inquire about paperwork and the cost.

Marin County Mugshots

Marin County mugshots have been performed since the 1800s, shortly after the creation of photography. Then in 1888, a French law enforcement officer Alphonse Bertillon standardized the process and made it the norm. collections of these images are kept in a “mug book” to help witnesses and victims identify suspects.

Marin county mugshots are the images taken of criminals upon arrest. Local police, Sheriff’s Offices, and other law enforcement agencies take them. generally , the subject is photographed from the front (full-face view) and then the side (profile view). These Marin county mugshots are kept with the person’s criminal record and police reports. They are used by victims, witnesses, and investigators to identify suspects guys.

also , when a judge issues an Marin county arrest warrant for other reasons , and the suspect does not show up in court, these mugshots are used to help identity the suspect.

Mugshots are readily easily found online as they are public records. Information companies portals offer mugshots with other types of files such as criminal records, arrest records and other court cases.

Felonies, Misdemeanors, and Sex Offenders

Police and arrest records will also have on felonies, misdemeanors, and sex offenders. Since everything is online available and connected, any past crimes will show up as well.

Marin County Recent Arrest Trends

The most popular crime committed in Marin is larceny/theft totaling 615, followed by burglary, and then aggravated assault.

  • 615 Larceny/Theft
  • 153 Burglary
  • 68 Aggravated Assault

Violent Crime Arrests vs. Non-Violent

Violent crimes include murder, manslaughter, rape, robbery and aggravated assault. Marin County has a higher rate of non-violent crime. For 2017, Marin tallied 91 violent crimes and 776 non-violent crimes. When compared to the national average of 739.02, Marin is lower by 54.99% than the national average.

Marin County Crime Rate from 2004-2017

Marin County Arrest and Criminal Records by Age

The majority of arrests made in Marin are between the ages of 21-30. The age group committing the fewest number of crimes is between the ages of 71-80.

Marin County Crime Rate by Age Groups

Crime Demographics by Gender and Race

Felony Crime Rate by Gender

Most of the felonies committed in Marin, 75.9%, are perpetrated by males. The remainder of 24.1% is committed by females.

Misdemeanor Crime Rate by Race

Misdemeanors crime rates by race for Marin are as follows: 51.2% of the crimes were committed by White, 45.2% by Hispanic people, and the remaining crimes 3.6% were committed by African Americans.

California Arrest Records Search